
Finca La Quesera sits 20 km from the main square of the city of Salta, and was built in 1823 to become the first rural convent of nuns in the province of Salta.
The house belonged to Manuela Martínez de Gangas y Tineo, half-sister of General Martín Miguel de Güemes, who donated the main house to create the convent and also granted the surrounding land to support the nuns of the Order of the Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The house served as a rural convent until the 1970s and then passed to the López Dib family. The ranch carried on with its farming and cattle work and, from 2002, opened its doors to guests looking for new and authentic experiences of rural life and the Salta gaucho, with the untouched nature of the mountain rainforest valleys all around.
Ask us about the transfer from the city of Salta to the ranch.